On March 12, 2020 the CLDP (Community Leadership Development Program) offered a monthly session titled “The Shadow of Leadership”. By watching this video you can learn:
- About shadow, particularly as it applies to leadership; and
- How shadow might be operating while leading.
Since all of us have shadow, whenever you’re in a leadership position, whether you know it or not, some of your shadow material may express itself, in ways that you likely can’t detect. During this 2-hour Zoom call, we looked at:
- How shadow operates within a leader
- How to learn about leader shadow
- What can be done about it.
After listening to this video you may be able to identify an element of your shadow to work on.
HOW TO PREPARE:
Before watching this video, we recommend that you ponder these two questions:
- Where have you seen (or suspected) shadow operating in leaders?
- When do you suspect (or have been given feedback) that shadow is operating in you when you lead?
Join us for this informative and educational sessions on a regular basis, the second Thursday of each month.
For information about the Community Leadership Development Program, visit the CLDP info page.
Shadow of Leadership Slides